Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Another weekend, another seminar

JDC seemed to think that a week was too long to go without pampering me so it was time for another weekend in a hotel. This one actually required work, but I guess I would have to do that eventually so it may as well happen in a free hotel with free food. 
This seminar was for madrichim and, as my brain found out later, mostly for program planning and brainstorming. That is a lot of program planning. I helped plan for the kids and university students mostly and after a full two and a half days of that I planned for a good long nap.
 There were fun things too though: a really nice Shabbat dinner with really nice people, barbecue, and games.  


I also led my first sessions which was an important experience for me.  It took me a while to realize that sometimes when the madrichim were speaking over me in Russian they weren't being disruptive but were actually translating for each other. I don't know what percent of the time but it happened at least once. So I either need to learn fluent Russian or chill. I'll go with both. 





The highlight for me was when I led an evening program. Not because I think I'm a genius, but because they did this:






So many bonus points

No comments:

Post a Comment